Baked sweet potatoes are so easy to make, making them an incredibly healthy side dish ready to be served with absolutely anything. One of the easiest and most useful ways to cook sweet potatoes is to roast them. The one question I get most often […]
Southern Fried Cabbage
- 2 small cabbage heads cored and sliced
- 10-12 bacon slices
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Core and rough chop cabbage; rinse, drain and set aside.
- Saute bacon over med-high heat for 4-5 minutes until bacon is browned and crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and discard drippings, reserving two tbsp.
- Saute onion 2-3 minutes and add garlic, cooking for 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Add cabbage to pan and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, bouillon granules and worcestershire sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning to desired taste and add crushed red pepper flakes.
Although grown year round, collards’ peak season is the first quarter of the year, so the time is now. Although uniquely tolerant of both cold and hot climates, collards (and kale) actually benefit from frost, which causes them to produce sweeter leaves. Here are just […]