Southern Fried Cabbage
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 small cabbage heads cored and sliced
- 10-12 bacon slices
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Core and rough chop cabbage; rinse, drain and set aside.
- Saute bacon over med-high heat for 4-5 minutes until bacon is browned and crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and discard drippings, reserving two tbsp.
- Saute onion 2-3 minutes and add garlic, cooking for 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Add cabbage to pan and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, bouillon granules and worcestershire sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning to desired taste and add crushed red pepper flakes.