Braised Beef Short Ribs
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
- 6 bone-in short ribs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups beef cooking broth or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 3 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°. Season short ribs with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Heat canola oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Brown short ribs on all sides, about 1-2 minutes each side. Place ribs on a plate with drippings and set aside but reserve about 3 tbsp of drippings from the pot to saute onions and garlic.
- Add onions and sauté for a 2 minutes, then add garlic until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Stir in beef stock and worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk flour and water together in a small bowl until lumps disappear and combine with stock mixture. Add tomato paste, stirring continuously as sauce begin to thicken, add short ribs with any leftover juices into the pot.
- Add rosemary to pot, laying each spring over two short ribs, cover an oven safe dish and transfer to oven and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes or vegetables.