I posted a recipe a while back which consisted of homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch using roasted tomatoes. Well.. we all know that when you’re trying to feed a busy family and just want to get something quick on the table, ain’t nobody got time for that! My reason tonight for this simple but familiar, easy to make quick fix is that…. “it’s Friday night..I just got paid…lol. ?
My recipe is a take-off one and gets you on to your Friday night festivities or if you’re just winding down from a long work week. What are you waiting for..let’s get to it!
Quick and Easy Spaghetti
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of celery chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 14.5 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- ½ can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 garlic clove chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- Rinse and dry green pepper, celery and onion.
- Chop all vegetables, set aside
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add canola oil and ground turkey
- Fold in chopped vegetables, basil, mushrooms, oregano, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and garlic.
- Stirring frequently, cook until meat is browned throughout. Turn heat to low.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and sugar. Stirring frequently, add ¾ cup of water. Mix well and simmer 30 minutes (stirring periodically).
- Spoon meat mixture over cooked thin spaghetti pasta and serve.
Traditional mac and cheese has always been my favorite but ever since I experimented with these unique little muffins, I may have developed a slight case of amnesia to the old way of doing things. Hey now.. don’t judge me. One of my favorite things […]