Linguine Shrimp Pasta with Asparagus and Lemon
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 Asparagus bunch chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon zest grated
- 2 lemons (juiced lemons squeezed)
- 1/4 lemon sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes"
- Boil water and add salt and oil.
- Cook linguine for approximately 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Remove fibrous ends of asparagus by cutting them asparagus into 1/3 in slices.
- In another pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and asparagus and saute for 3-5 minutes or until crisp and remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp canola oil and 3 tbsp butter and heat until melted.
- Add shrimp, salt, and pepper and saute until the shrimp are pink in color, about 5 minutes total, turning them halfway through.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- Immediately add the cooked linguine to the shrimp and sauce, then toss and serve.