Stuffed Chicken Marsala
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 12- ounce jar sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon worcestershiresauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons canola
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups marsala cooking wine or broth
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit horizontally along one side of the chicken breast, careful not to cut all the way through the chicken making a pocket.
- Fill each pocket with 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, ¼ of the sun dried tomatoes, and ¼ of the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Pinch together the open side of the chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks. Coat the chicken with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt and Italian seasoning, rubbing in with your fingers.
- Transfer chicken to a large oven-safe skillet and brown chicken over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place chicken on a plate while you prepare the marsala sauce.
- In the same pan, use reserve and add marsala cooking wine, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and heavy cream.
- Stir and bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Return chicken pan and spoon some of the sauce over the chicken.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through and cheeses are melted.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken, top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley and serve.