Spicy Crawfish Etouffee
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound cooked medium crawfish tails frozen or peeled
- cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; saute 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, chili powder and pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- Add crawfish; cook 4-5 minutes longer. Serve with rice if desired.