Fried Whole Snapper
- 2 lbs Whole Red Snapper or fillets
- 4 cups canola oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Marinade seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Scale, gut and place two slices across the belly
- Wash the fish, then pat dry
- Pour everything except the flour, cornstarch and oil on the fish and massage the marinade seasoning liberally inside and out, including the belly cavity.
- Add about 4 cups of canola oil into frying pan on med-high heat.
- Mix the cornstarch and flour mixture on a large plate and dredge each piece of the snapper.
- Very carefully introduce the snapper into the pan with the heated oil and fry approximately 4-6 minutes each side
- Line a plate with paper towels to drain off the excess oil after frying. Serve warm
MARINADE FOR GREEN SEASONING:
2 cups of Cilantro
1 celery stalk
1 garlic bulb
3 green onions (shallots)
1 banana pepper
1/2 cup canola oil
1 scallion bulb
1 bunch of fresh thyme
1/4 cup of water
1/4 tsp salt
Add to a food processor or blender. Blend/pulse, add more water as needed, until the ingredients are puréed.
Reserve half of the green seasoning in a tightly close jar and place in the fridge for later use.
Pour the marinade over the fish, and rub thoroughly until both sides are coated inside and out including belly and cavity.
Place fish in a gallon freezer bag and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.