Curry Shrimp with Coconut Milk
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water for whisking cornstarch
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- juice from ¼ of a lime quatered
- 1½ tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Sazon Completa
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ yellow pepper diced
- ½ orange pepper diced
- 1½ cup broth
- 1 jalapeno or scotch bonnet pepper optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add canola oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onions, garlic, thyme, curry powder, sazon completa and sauté for about 2-3 minutes. Add jalapeno or scotch bonnet pepper at this time.(optional).
- Add tomato paste, green onions, coconut milk, and broth. Bring it to a boil, add lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes. Toss in shrimp, red, yellow and orange peppers. Cook for another 3-5 more minutes.
- Salt and pepper and whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water for thickness. Serve over rice or vegetables.