Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon sazon completa
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs or cornmeal
- 1 small eggplant cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Canola oil for frying
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice for drizzling
- Parsley flakes for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Slice eggplant into 1 inch slices and lightly season each side with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Beat 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon Sazon completa; set aside
- Place the cornstarch on one dish and the panko bread crumbs(or cornmeal on another (make sure the dish has a flat surface)
- Dredge each side of the eggplant slice in the cornstarch, coating each side and shake off the excess
- Coat each side with the egg mixture, and dredge it in the panko bread crumbs(or cornmeal) lightly pressing each slice in the crumbs to make them adhere.
- Transfer the coated eggplant to paper towels and allow it to dry for 1-2 minutes.
- In a cast iron skillet, fry the eggplant slices on med-high heat in canola oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and transfer them with tongs to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the eggplant lightly with the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper
- Garnish with fresh squeezed lemon juice and parsley if desired.