Mashed Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes, especially if done right. Although it’s popular, many people hesitate to make them in fear of a less than creamy texture they desire. Adding heaving whipping cream and cream cheese will make this the hardest-to-resist side dish ever… because of all that buttery, creamy goodness. They are so customizable so, no box potatoes on this one please. All from scratch and you’ll never go back! It’s very easy to make and the taste and texture is unparalleled.
I love adding garlic to mine, whipped well with a few chunks. However; you can change it up and use whatever ingredients you like such as bacon, chives and cheese because the possibilities are endless. Just don’t leave out the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream if you love creamy potatoes. Now.. go get the recipe.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 8 red potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Combine potatoes with heavy whipping cream, butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cream cheese.
- Mix with an electric mixer or potato masher to your desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley flakes