This unique homemade chicken noodle soup and vegetables packs all of the punch you need when you complement it with chicken broth and granulated chicken bouillon. Flavorful, rich taste but without all of the calories. This delicious brothy Soup has all of the daily vegetables servings you need and it’s made from scratch, no preservatives. You know exactly what you’ve included, all in one pot. Hey.. I like how that sounds because it also means less dishes to wash.
If you love garlic as much as I do, load it up. The more the better. A homemade easy to make Chicken Noodle vegetable Soup is perfect especially because I decided to pay homage to the mid-West and northern states that’s getting all of the snow and blizzards. I think in my mind, it gave me another reason to hold on to winter just a little bit longer and pull out all the soups. Everything I chose at the farmers market for my veggies were totally in season and that made me a happy girl! You know that warm and fuzzy feeling you get.. yep that one from a nice warm comforting soul that feels like you’re getting a big ol’ hug from a close loved one. I have formally decided that I will no longer stall until winter whenever I want Soup, sooo year round, whenever I’m in the mood will be a soup day. Prepped and made from scratch in an hour, you will desire this quite often! It’s healthy, low in caloric value and has the most incredible burst of flavors! I went back for seconds and you will too. Enjoy!!
Chicken and Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 4 rib celery chopped
- 1 49½ oz can of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon granulated chicken flavor bouillon
- 8 ounces frozen green cut in thirds
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2-3 cups of water
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 cup leeks chopped cut off root and discard, using upper white part cut in rings
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a dutch oven, saute diced onion over med heat in canola oil, approximately 3 minutes.
- Then add in garlic, celery, leeks and carrots and cook for 5 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken thighs, broth, granulated chicken bouillon, green beans, corn and water. Cover all ingredients with water.
- Bring contents to a boil for approximately 5 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken done.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred the meat using two forks.
- Add the chicken back into the soup along with the noodles. Cover and cook for 8 more minutes while stirring to separate noodles.
- Stir in the spinach and bok choy and allow them to cook down in the soup (about 3-5 minutes, folding the leaves into the liquid using a long handle spoon.
- Add parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve while warm