Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound linguini
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley divided
- Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes in 2 tbsp canola oil and 2 tbsp salt, until al dente. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large pan. Add garlic, shallots and 1/2 cup parsley and sauté until fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and bring to a simmer until wine reduces by half and add 1/4 cup parsley.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and seasoned salt and introduce to the pan and sauté for a total of 4 minutes, two minutes each side.
- Stir in pasta, lemon juice, drizzle with olive oil and top with remaining parsley and remove from heat. Serve immediately