Okra, Corn and Tomatoes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen or fresh cut okra
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen or fresh corn
- 2 10 ounce cans (fresh) or diced tomatoes, and green chilies (rotel)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon file optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non stick pan, melt the butter over medium heat, then sauté the chopped onion until translucent, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the okra and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
Add corn, file, tomatoes and chilies cooking and stirring until the okra is tender about 10 minutes. Serve hot over brown or white rice.