Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks or chicken parts of choice
- 6 cups of canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- fresh ground black pepper
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, seasoned salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and cornstarch.
- Heat canola oil in med-high heat in a cast iron skillet and allow it to get hot.
- Combine the chicken, egg and buttermilk and coat well.
- Dust each piece of chicken in the cornstarch & flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Place each piece of chicken into the oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels or paper bag to remove excess oil. Serve while hot.